A fresh, fragrant and light-but-creamy Thai chicken curry. This Skinny Thai Green Curry Only 500 cals per serving INCLUDING rice (226 cals without). Less than 2 syns per serving on Slimming World Extra Easy.
Loving this curry! It’s got all the flavour of a classic Thai green curry, but it’s healthier and lighter whilst still being satisfying.
Because there’s so much flavour packed into the homemade Thai Curry Paste, you don’t need to add garlic, ginger, fish sauce, lime etc to the curry. It’s all in the paste already!
We had this for a quick after-school dinner last week and the whole family loved it.
A simple case of cooking the chicken and broccoli, then adding the paste along with a little stock and some lightened coconut milk. It basically means dinner is ready by the time you’ve cooked your rice.
I need some nice simple healthy meals to get me back on track with the diet. I didn’t do too great this week - I stayed the same weight (I think the wedding and birthday meal from the previous week caught up with me). On top of that we had a quiet weekend at home. Which of course means I spent the whole weekend too close to the fridge.
I got through Saturday feeling a bit grumpy. I wasn’t hungry, but I just had a craving for something sweet. I made it halfway through Sunday before caving in and having a large slice of bakewell tart (I’d been thinking about it ever since I mentioned it on the blog on Friday!). Oh well, I’m not going to beat myself up about it (or the 6 chunks of chocolate I had after the clutch broke on the car today).
I’ll be extra good tomorrow 🙂
If you’ve tried my recipe then please rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing your thoughts and add-ons to my recipes!
You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and TWITTERto see what I’m up to in the kitchen, what recipes i’m loving, and of course YOUTUBE to see our latest recipe videos!
The Skinny Thai Green Curry Recipe:
Skinny Thai Green Curry
- 10 sprays fry-light or other one-cal-per-spray oil
- 3 chicken breasts - cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 bunch of broccoli - broken into small florets
- 4 tbsp homemade skinny Thai Curry Paste
- 120 ml (½ cup) chicken or vegetable stock - (use bouillon for gluten-free)
- 200 ml (1 cup minus 2 tbsp) light coconut milk
- 1 small handful mangetout/snowpeas - roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- Boiled rice
- Lime wedges
- Small bunch of coriander, cilantro - roughly torn
- Heat a large frying pan and spray in the oil, add the chicken and fry for 5-6 minutes until nearly cooked through.10 sprays fry-light or other one-cal-per-spray oil, 3 chicken breasts
- Add the broccoli and fry for a further minute, then add the curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or two until the paste starts to release its fragrance, then add in the stock. Bring to a gentle bubble and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.1 bunch of broccoli, 4 tbsp homemade skinny Thai Curry Paste, 120 ml (½ cup) chicken or vegetable stock
- Stir in the coconut milk and mangetout and heat it through (but don’t let it come to the boil or the sauce may split).200 ml (1 cup minus 2 tbsp) light coconut milk, 1 small handful mangetout/snowpeas
- Serve as is, or if you like it a little thicker you can stir in the cornflour and water mixture.1 tsp cornflour cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- Serve over rice topped with lime wedges and fresh coriander.Boiled rice, Lime wedges, Small bunch of coriander, cilantro
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.