The do say everything tastes better with bacon! And these Baked Parmesan Sprouts with Bacon hit the spot perfectly!
Sprouts coated with parmesan, then baked and topped with crispy bacon! Erm yes, I'll have the whole tray please!
Make your Christmas Dinner a special one with these recipes:
The final speedy recipe in my series of four sprout side dishes (check out the others here – 3 cheese sprout gratin , honey balsamic sprouts with almonds and shaved sprout salad with honey mustard dressing).
Baked Parmesan Sprouts with Bacon
- 400 g (14 oz) sprouts
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 75 g (¾ cup) Parmesan cheese - grated
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4 strips of fried/grilled bacon - chopped into small pieces (I used smoked streaky bacon)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F (fan), and get a medium baking tray ready.
- Peel the outer leaves from the sprouts, and chop the ends of the stalks off. Chop the sprouts in half.400 g (14 oz) sprouts
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk together with the water.1 medium egg, 1 tbsp cold water
- Place the grated parmesan in another bowl.75 g (¾ cup) Parmesan cheese
- Dip one of the sprout halves in the egg, then roll in the parmesan until fully coated. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the sprouts.pinch salt and pepper
- Try to keep the sprouts on one layer - it's ok if they're a little tightly packed though.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle on the cooked bacon and parsley, then serve.4 strips of fried/grilled bacon, 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.