Have you ever tried shaved sprouts? They’re delicious! Especially if you’re someone who isn’t keen on whole sprouts.
Shaved sprouts lightly sauteed in butter and garlic, topped with a honey mustard dressing, plus tart cranberries, walnuts and parmesan!
I could eat this as a meal in itself!
The Shaved Sprout Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe:
Shaved Sprout Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 500 g sprouts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 35 g dried cranberries
- 30 g roughly chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Peel the outer leaves from the sprouts, and chop the ends of the stalks off. Slice the sprouts very thinly.
- Place a medium frying pan/skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the garlic and stir through for 30 seconds, then add the shaved sprouts. Fry the sprouts, tossing through the garlic butter to coat, for 1-2 minutes, until the sprouts a warmed through, but still vibrantly green. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour half over the sprouts. Toss together to coat, then sprinkle the cranberries, walnuts and parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve with the extra honey mustard dressing.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.