The first speedy recipe in my series of four sprout side dishes - perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and whenever I spot sprouts at the shop!
The sprouts are simply roasted with a little butter, then topped with cream and lots of cheese and baked again until browned and bubbling. No need to get a pan dirty whisking up white sauce!
The 3 Cheese Sprout Gratin Recipe:
- 500 g sprouts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 50 g Mozzarella cheese, grated - (use a vegetarian version if required)
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated - (use a vegetarian version if required)
- 100 g Mature/strong Cheddar cheese, grated - (use a vegetarian version if required)
- 200 ml double/heavy cream
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Peel the outer leaves from the sprouts, and chop the ends of the stalks off. Place the sprouts in a small baking dish and dot on the butter in small pieces. Sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes sprinkle on half of each of the cheeses. Pour over the cream, stir and sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top. Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden and the sauce is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
If you like this one then why not try some of my other Sprout Recipes with a twist, perfect to really lift that side dish for for the holiday season.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.