Cheesy Pasta Bake With Chicken And Bacon – a family favourite (and it makes great leftovers too!).
Not a lot can beat a lovely cheesy pasta bake served up with a big side of salad (obviously that makes it healthy…….)
Cheesy Pasta Bake With Chicken And Bacon is one of those dinners that the kids can polish off in no time – regardless of how many veggies I sneak in there. Peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach – it all gets thrown in.
Sometimes I’ll add courgette or kale. If I’m being extra sneaky I might add some finely chopped mushroom too (I’m the only mushroom lover in our house – but they all eat mushrooms if they can’t identify them hee hee hee!).
I like it cold for lunch the next day too – although you can heat it up in the microwave with a tablespoon of water – to stop it drying out.
I sometimes wonder if I could eat pasta every day of the week and not get bored of it.
Monday: I’ll kick-off with the chicken and bacon pasta bake.
Tuesday: Cajun Chicken Pasta
Wednesday: One Pan Lasagne Soup
Thursday: One Pot Garlic Chicken Pasta
Sunday: One Pan Spaghetti and Meatballs
Do you have a favourite pasta dish? I’d love some new ideas for my pasta addiction 🙂
I first made this recipe for DIYs.com
In order to make this super tasty Cheesy Pasta Bake with Chicken and Bacon you will need:
- A good Kitchen knife.
- Chopping Board.
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Pan. For boiling the Pasta
- Baking Dish. We use this glass Pirex one but you can use another oven proof dish that will hold the pasta bake ingredients.
- Grater. (If you choose to grate your own cheese)
- Fying Pan/Skillet
- Wooden or Silicon Coated Spoons. We have just bought these and love them.
The Cheesy Pasta Bake with Chicken and Bacon Recipe:
Cheesy Pasta Bake With Chicken And Bacon
- 400 g dried pasta shapes (I used rigatoni)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 large chicken breasts cut into bitesize chunks
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper de-seeded and chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 120 ml double (heavy) cream
- 100 g fresh baby spinach
- 6 rashers cooked bacon chopped
- 100 g strong cheddar cheese grated
- 100 g mozzarella grated
- Small bunch parsley roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 190c/375f. Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta for 1 minute less than recommended on the pack. Drain.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the oil on a medium heat, in a large frying pan. Add the chicken, and cook until just sealed - about 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the onion is softened. Add the chopped peppers, salt, pepper, garlic, tomato puree, oregano and thyme. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes and cream, bring to a gentle bubble, then add the pasta, spinach and cooked bacon. Stir everything together, then transfer to a large baking dish.
- Top with the cheddar and mozzarella, and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and top with parsley before serving.
Nutrition info is for one serving of this recipe.
If you’ve tried my pasta bake recipe then please rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing your thoughts and add-ons to my recipes!
You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and TWITTERto see what I’m up to in the kitchen, what recipes i’m loving, and of course YOUTUBE to see our latest recipe videos!
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.