These crispy chicken wings cook in the air fryer in 35 minutes - no oil needed!
The perfect party food!
They taste great on their own, or smothered in your favourite sauce.
I'll share some of my favourite sauces with you too.
The easiest party food that always goes down an absolute storm.
Chicken wings are a brilliant budget-friendly appetizer and they taste great on their own or dipped in sauce.
I have an oven-baked wings version on the site, which are great. But these wings are JUST AS TASTY and cook in about a third of the time in the air fryer.
📋 What do we need?
- I buy chicken wings from the shop, then cut off the tips. Then I chop each wing into two pieces - a mini-wing and drumette (you can see my original video for information on how to cut chicken wings).
- Baking powder is the key to these crispy chicken wings (don't use baking soda/bicarb of soda) - it helps to draw the moisture out of the skin so it crisps up beautifully.
- A little salt and pepper for flavour
📺 Watch how to make it
Full recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post.
👩🍳PRO TIP Make sure you get the wings as dry as possible (using kitchen roll) before coating, this ensures you'll get only a fine coating of baking powder sticking to the wings and will also ensure the wings are crispier.
Just look at those perfectly crispy chicken wings. Finger-licking good!
🍲 More fantastic crispy chicken recipes
Stay updated with new recipes!
Subscribe to the newsletter to hear when I post a new recipe. I’m also on YouTube (new videos every week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes stories & beautiful food photos).
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg) chicken wings
- 1 level tbsp aluminium-free baking powder*
- ½ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cut each wing at the joint so you have a mini wing and a drumette.2.2 lbs (1 kg) chicken wings
- Dry the wings with paper towels, then place in a large bowl and add the baking powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Note - it's important to dry the wings first so they only get a light coating.1 level tbsp aluminium-free baking powder*, ½ tsp table salt, ½ tsp pepper
- Add to air fryer, cook for 30-35 minutes at 210C/410F, shaking the basket every 10 minutes.
- Serve on their own or with your favourite sauce.
- Also be sure to use baking powder AND NOT baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- I usually use 2 tbsp for the oven-baked chicken wings recipe but the air fryer gets things crispier, so you can use less.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.