These Creamy Garlic & Mushroom Stuffed Bread Rolls have delicious creamy garlic cheesiness stuffed into petit pans and baked until golden brown.
Waaaay better than a boring old sandwich, check out these melty, hot stuffed petit pains.
I know bread is the king of carbiness (made up word?), but unlike a normal sandwich, you aren’t eating the whole roll here. A good chunk of the bread is scooped out and replaced with the lusciously good filling.
Goodbye carby interior of bread roll!
Hello very slightly less carby exterior of bread roll filled with what is actually way more calorific than the actual bread was. Oops.
But who cares? I had a fruit salad for my breakfast, so I definitely don’t care.
This is a bit of a take on garlic bread, but kicked up a notch with the addition of creamy cheesy mushrooms. It turns a regular side dish into a meal in itself.
Made from those part-baked rolls you find on the bread aisle, the filling is cooked at the same time as the bread, so the cooking time is just 10 minutes.
You don’t even need to stick to the mushroom filling. Keep the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and cheddar, and then add what you like….
- Cooked chicken
- Chopped peppers
- Think of your favourite pizza topping and stuff it in!
I’m even thinking of a sweet version.
Nutella, banana, chopped nuts and marshmallows? Drool!
The wickedly calorific possibilities are endless (moo hoo hoo ha ha)
- 4 part-baked petit pains or rolls (Use gluten-free part-baked rolls if required – they’re pretty easy to get hold of)
- 8 small mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup (120g) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- ¾ cup (75g) firmly packed mature cheddar cheese, grated
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f.
- Take the part baked rolls out of the packaging and place on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut out an oblong hole from the top of the rolls. Scoop out the bread, ensuring you don’t piece the bottom of the rolls. Place the rolls on a baking tray. Discard the scooped out bread (or save and cook later with some drizzled on garlic butter )
- Mix together the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic in a bowl. Stir in half the cheese and the black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the bread rolls and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes – until the bread and cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.