This simple garlic butter is so versatile! Use to top steak, make your own garlic bread, or even stir into cooked pasta with a pinch of chilli flakes.
Easy to make, plus it keeps for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator, so you can make enough for multiple meals.
This simple garlic butter recipe is great to have in the fridge and is so versatile.
I've even been known to spread it onto corn-on-the-cob and use as a dip with dough balls and pizza crusts (the kids idea) but it worked a treat!
But what I really love to use this garlic butter for is on top of a good steak, one slice will melt beautifully into the meat and form its own little sauce just for me, trust me if you have ten minutes to spare, this will be a game changer to have in your fridge.
📋 What do we need?
- Butter I've used unsalted butter but you can use salted butter and just reduce the amount of salt by half.
- Parsley If you don't have dried parsley, fresh parsley finely chopped would work too.
- Garlic Garlic is king in this recipe so you want plump firm cloves.
📺 Watch how to make it
Full recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use right away if you want the butter to be soft
- If making ahead, cover the bowl in clingfilm and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
👩🍳PRO TIP You don’t have to use regular unsalted butter - Use your favourite butter! I love to use President butter or Kerrygold butter. If you’re using salted butter, just reduce the amount of salt you’re adding by half.
If you're making ahead, and would those lovely little rounds of garlic butter, then simply spoon the mixed butter out into a fat sausage shape (2.5cm or 1” in diameter) on a long piece of clingfilm. Then roll it into a sausage shape, tying off the ends, then place in the refrigerator until firm.
Unwrap and slice into discs when ready to serve.
🍲 What to serve it with
Stay updated with new recipes!
Subscribe to the newsletter to hear when I post a new recipe. I’m also on YouTube (new videos every week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes stories & beautiful food photos).
Simple Garlic Butter
- 120 g (8 tbsp) unsalted butter - softened , or use salted butter, but just add ½ tsp salt instead of 1 tsp
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled and minced
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.120 g (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, 1 tsp salt, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tsp dried parsley
- Alternatively, spoon the mixed butter out into a fat sausage shape (2.5cm or 1” in diameter) on a long piece of clingfilm.
- Wrap the butter in the clingfilm and roll it on the countertop to get an even sausage shape. Place in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Unwrap and slice into discs when ready to serve.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.