These Creamy Garlic & Mushroom Stuffed Bread Rolls have delicious creamy garlic cheesiness stuffed into petit pans and baked until golden brown. Super easy to make and ready in 15 minutes!
They work great as a snack dinner a luscious lunch or an interesting appetizer.
Waaaay better than a boring old sandwich, these melty, hot stuffed petit pains are a thing of beauty!
Bread is a wonderful thing – be it sweet toasties, beautiful brioche or artisan bread rolls (ok, maybe sandwiches aren’t that boring). You just can’t beat bread for a quick lunch.
And the good thing about these stuffed breads, is they're made from par-baked rolls - the ones in the vacuum packed bags, that last for ages.
They're a great store-cupboard essential, so you can have warm, crusty fresh tasting bread any time.
📋 What do we need?
📺 Watch how to make it
Full recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post.
👩🍳PRO TIP Don't throw away those pieces of bread you cut out - check out the recipe card further down to see some ideas for how to use them.
🍽️ What to serve it with
- As a side for Creamy Tomato Soup or Tuscan Chicken Soup
- As part of a hot buffet with Sausage Rolls, Bang Bang Chicken and Pizza Fries
- On their own, or with a Green Salad or a fancy Pasta Salad
Now i've done this Savoury Stuffed Bread (I also have a beautiful spinach and bacon stuffed bread version), I’m thinking of a sweet version too...
Nutella, banana, chopped nuts and marshmallows? What do you think?
🍲 More Magnificent Mushroom recipes
Stay updated with new recipes!
Subscribe to the newsletter to hear when I post a new recipe. I’m also on YouTube (new videos every week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes stories & beautiful food photos).
15 minute Creamy Garlic & Mushroom Stuffed Bread
- 4 part-baked petit pains or rolls
- 8 small mushrooms - sliced
- 120 g (½ cup) cream cheese
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 garlic clove - peeled and crushed
- 50 g (½ cup, firmly packed) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 25 g (¼ cup, firmly packed) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F (fan).
- Take the part baked rolls out of the packaging and place on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut out an oblong hole from the top of the rolls. Scoop out the bread, ensuring you don’t pierce the bottom of the rolls.4 part-baked petit pains or rolls
- Place the rolls on a baking tray. Discard the scooped out bread (or save to use for homemade breadcrumbs or croutons).
- Mix together the mushrooms, cream cheese, creme fraiche and garlic in a bowl. Stir the cheese and the black pepper.8 small mushrooms, 120 g (½ cup) cream cheese, 3 tbsp creme fraiche, 1 garlic clove, 50 g (½ cup, firmly packed) mature cheddar cheese, grated, 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Spoon the mixture into the bread rolls.
- Top the stuffed bread rolls with a little more cheese.25 g (¼ cup, firmly packed) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes – until the bread and cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Use for dipping! Drizzle with olive oil and a little salt and pepper, then place in the oven with the stuffed breads
- Make breadcrumbs: Grate or whizz in a food processor, then place in a bag and freeze.
- Make croutons: Chop into 1 cm pieces, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 200C/400F for 5-8 minutes, until golden.
- Make garlic bread bites: Brush/spread on garlic butter and bake in the oven at 200C/400F for 3-5 minutes, until golden, but still a little soft.
- Make cheese-on-toast toppers for soup: Top with grated cheese, then grill (broil) until the cheese is bubbling.
- Cooked chicken
- Chopped peppers
- Think of your favourite pizza topping and stuff it in!
This post was first published May 2015. Updated February 2023 with new photos, video, housekeeping and a couple of recipe tweaks.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.
Cynthia Gates says
This is so easy to make. I added chicken to mine, and it was lovely. Thank you again
Stephan Ashkenazy says
Looks simple, easy and fast, but on other hands - delicious and "must" try!
Tried the your delicious recipe. It's easy, simple, and it tastes great.
Tried this simple yet delicious Creamy mushroom garlic stuffed bread.
Thank you for sharing...
Kristina @ Love & Zest says
I love how quick and easy this is! It is something I know I would enjoy!
Wow, this looks so simple! I love using part baked bread for soup, and we've sometimes used it for melts (slow cooker sausage melts, nom...).