Love this soup! I’ve got a bit of a thing for butterbeans lately – after making some stuffed mushrooms with a cheesy butterbean filling for Simply Stacie about a month ago. I’ve been looking for things to do with them ever since – and this has turned out to be one of my favourites.
The delicately creamy butterbeans soak up the flavours from the chorizo and tomato to make it a hearty and delicious soup. I’ve added some watercress and feta to lighten it up and make it feel more like a spring dish, and I think it works perfectly.
If you LOVE that chorizo taste like me then why not give one of these recipes a try:
Sausage Pasta Bake with Chorizo and Brie
One Pot Creamy Tomato and Chorizo Rigatoni
Chicken Chorizo Puff Pastry Rolls
20 minutes from start to finish, you could easily serve this with some salad and maybe some crusty bread for a quick, after-work dinner.
Quick meals are something I’m all for at the moment. I’m trying to keep up with my regular 3 posts a week, but I’ve also taken on some more freelance work and I’m finding myself running around non-stop. A constant cycle of cooking, photographing, writing, social media and of course kitchen cleaning.
Not that I’m complaining! I love my job soooo much, and I’m so grateful to you guys for reading my blog and making it possible for me to call this work.
Scroll down for the video of this recipe. We filmed this the video for this chorizo soup recipe – as part of our 20 minute Tuesdays series: on Youtube, if you like this video please subscribe to our youtube channel
If you’ve tried my seafood laksa recipe then please rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing your thoughts and add-ons to my recipes!
You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and TWITTERto see what I’m up to in the kitchen, what recipes i’m loving, and of course YOUTUBE to see our latest recipe videos!
The Butterbean, Chorizo & Feta Soup Recipe:
Butterbean, Chorizo and Feta Soup
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 85 g Chorizo usually gluten free, but check if required, chopped into chunks
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes in juice
- 300 ml chicken stock water +2 stock cubes is fine - or use vegetable bouillon for gluten free
- 1 tbsp tomato puree/paste again usually gluten free, but check if required
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp thyme
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 400 g tin butterbeans drained and rinsed
- 45 g feta cheese
- Handful of fresh watercress roughly torn
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry onions on a medium heat for 3 minutes until they start to turn translucent. Add the chorizo, turn up the heat and cook for 2-3 mins until it starts to release it's oil and brown slightly.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes, stock, tomato puree, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper and simmer for 7-8 mins.
- Add in the butterbeans and cook for 2 minutes until warmed through.
- Ladle into two bowls and top with crumbed feta and watercress.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.