These 10 Delicious Soups To Warm You Up This Autumn are the perfect thing to keep you warm now the Autumn nights are getting colder.
Tell me, are you the sort of person who:
- Pours gravy all over their Sunday roast dinner?
- Dribbles a bit on the side for dipping?
- Or (surely nobody does this) – do you prefer your Sunday roast without the gravy?
I’m definitely in the first category. Stemming from childhood, my mum always made sure there was plenty of gravy on the table.
Going round to someone’s house for dinner, or out for a meal and being faced with a ‘little bit of jus’ that we’ve all got to share makes me seriously uncomfortable. That teeny tiny gravy boat is staring at me with just a little dribble left in the bottom. I want it. But I can see that I’ve already got more gravy on my plate then anyone else.
I think it’s that need for sauciness (oo-er) is why I love soup so much. It’s basically sauce with stuff in.
And I likes me some sauce with stuff in.
So to celebrate soup season and culinary sauciness, I’m sharing some of my favourite soup recipes with you today with these 10 Delicious Soups To Warm You Up This Autumn!
- Nigel Slater’s Chicken Noodle Soup – It’s slurpily delicious!
- Red Pepper and Lentil Soup with Wholemeal Pita Crisps. A healthy, smooth soup with a lovely crunchy topping.
- Butterbean and Chorizo Soup with Feta. Packed with flavour and ready in 20 minutes!
- Creamy Chicken and Chilli Soup. Made from roast chicken leftovers – with a kick of heat from the green chillies.
- Chickpea and Lemon Soup. This one is naturally vegan, and really quick to make.
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup. Sometimes I’m just too hungry to make it to the pie stage, so I just eat the filling 🙂
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup. Seven ingredients and 25 minutes to get this luxurious soup on the table.
- Seafood Laksa. Made with homemade Laksa paste – soooo yummy!
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Basil Cheese on Toast. A really simple soup using tinned tomatoes and extra added veg.
- Copycat Zuppa Toscana. This is my gluten free version made with sausage, potato and bacon. A real meal in a bowl!
Hope you enjoy these top 10 Delicious Soups To Warm You Up This Autumn. What’s your favourite soup? I’m always on the lookout for new ideas! x