This One-Pan Lasagne Soup has all the taste of lasagne in soup form! Only one pan needed!
I’m a bit of a fan of sloppy lasagne.
Maybe i’ve just become conditioned to it – because most of the time my lasagne spreads out on the plate as soon as I dish it up!
I’m always worried about the lasagne being dry, so I tend to overdo it on the liquids. I want the look of a perfectly sliced piece of lasagne, but the taste of a cheesy, saucy gooey version!
Can’t have it both ways, so I’m going with lasagne soup – it’s saucy and gooey and it’s supposed to look like that.
All done in one pan – to save on the washing up (always a fan of that), this soup also has plenty of added veg. Lots of taste and texture, with healthy goodies in there that the kids will scoff in a flash.
I use dried lasagne sheets for this – each one cut into eight pieces (just carefully score with a knife then break into pieces).
Of course there’s no bechamel/white sauce in this soup – that would involve dirtying another pan!
The addition of a little double cream is used in place of it for a hint of that creamy flavor.
Serve topped with chives and black pepper – as well as shredded cheese, for a hearty and easy dinner that everyone will love!
I first created this recipe for DIYs.com – check them out for lots of recipe and craft ideas.
One-Pan Lasagne Soup Recipe:
One-Pan Lasagne Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper deseeded and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 900 g lean minced/ground beef
- 10 small white mushrooms sliced
- 120 ml red wine (optional)
- 1 litre beef or vegetable stock (use bouillon for gluten free)
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste/puree
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 dried lasagna sheets broken into approx. 2 inch squares (use gluten free lasagne sheets if needed)
- 60 ml heavy cream
- 4 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 100 g grated mature cheddar cheese
- 50 g grated parmesan
- Small bunch chives chopped
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven/casserole dish. Add the onions and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Add in the chopped peppers and garlic and cook for a further minute, then add in the minced beef and cook until browned – breaking up any large pieces as you go.
- Add the mushrooms, stir, then add in the red wine and allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes. Add the stock, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to the boil. Add half the lasagna sheets, stir, then add in the other half. Try to separate the lasagna sheets a little in the pan so they don’t stick together. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes until the lasagna sheets are cooked.
- Stir through the cream, then turn off the heat. Stir through the spinach, then sprinkle on the cheddar, parmesan and chives before serving.