Get me being all healthy!
Ok, ignoring the mayonnaise dip and the parmesan – these fries are made from carrots and they’re baked rather than fried!
Is that enough to pass the healthy test?
I’m at week 4 (of 10) with my personal trainer and I’m feeling great! I’ve lost 6lbs so far and my clothes have stopped feeling depressingly tight!
When I set out on week one, I was determined to do this in the right way – no daft diets or quick fixes. I wanted to make a lifestyle change.
Exercise more, eat less, save treats for the weekend, stop binging on chocolate every evening.
I was also determined to still eat tasty food that I would look forward to at every meal – and so far it seems to be working.
These carrot fries with just a little of the dip are the perfect swap for potato fries with large dollops of mayo. I like to serve them with slices of roast chicken and salad for a healthier dinner that doesn’t taste like rabbit food (even if they are carrots!!).
I won’t lie, I’ve looked into doing the 5:2 diet again, trying my ridiculous diet and even doing a two week detox. I know me though – these are just short term weight loss options that’ll leave me feeling constrained, hungry and grumpy – which means I’ll just jump straight back on the chocolate binging train again!
So I’ll still be making cake like this at the weekends – but just eating a slice instead of three. I’ll also try to get used to hill climbers and press-ups…….
I made my latest batch of these Baked Parmesan Carrot Fries with Chilli Mayo Dip when some friends came round these were gone. In like 2 minutes flat!
Have you got any healthy food swaps? i.e anything that looks, tastes and smells like fresh white bread but being made out of some magic healthy ingredient 😀 Ok, that may be a stretch, but I’d love to hear if you have any healthy recipes that you love eating.
If you like these. try my loaded Mexican carrot fries too!
The Baked Parmesan Carrot Fries with Chilli Mayo Dip Recipe:
- 2 large carrots washed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chilli sauce sweet chilli or hot chilli - your preference
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f. Line a baking tray with parchment or a non-stick silicone mat.
- Slice the carrots into long thin pieces – about the size of a French fry (no need to peel).
- Mix the egg and water and place in a shallow dish. Place the parmesan into another shallow dish.
- Dip the carrot sticks first in the egg wash, allow any excess to drip off, then roll in the parmesan and place on the baking tray. Repeat until you’ve used all the carrots. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once until dark golden brown.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Take the fries out of the oven, place on a plate and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with the chilli mayo dip.
Nutrition info is for one serving of this recipe.
Tools used (fyi these are affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps me to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running x)
|Steel Buckets for Fries||Checked Paper Liners|
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.