Crunchy cheesy Baked Parmesan Carrot Fries served with a spicy, creamy mayo dip. These Carrot Fries are easy to make, baked-not-fried and make great lunch, side dish or appetizer! A great alternative to potato fries!
I love that vibrant orange colour and subtle sweet taste you get from carrot fries. A great change from regular potato fries, and more nutritious too!
We’ve been trying to cut down on our sugar intake after a snack and treat-fueled summer school holiday. Not a quick-fix diet or anything, but more about making the right choices, cutting down on sugar and exercising more.
That said, I’m determined to still eat tasty food that I would look forward to at every meal.
These carrot fries with just a little of the dip are the perfect swap for potato fries.
What to serve with these carrot fries
These baked Parmesan carrot fries go really well as a lunch, a side or on a table full of appetizers!
- I like to serve them with slices of roast chicken and salad for a lighter dinner that doesn’t taste like rabbit food (even if they are carrots!!).
- They go great with a nice Bacon Cheeseburger
- or my brisket sandwich – this is soo good I’ll have to make this again soon.
- If you want to keep the meal vegetarian you could serve them as a side to my Cheesy Veggie Burgers
- With Crispy Pork Gyros – better than takeout!
- or even alongside my belly-warming Peri Peri Chicken
I made my latest batch of these Baked Parmesan Carrot Fries with Chilli Mayo Dip when some friends came round. A couple of them are vegetarians, so I went all out veggie – serving vegetarian sausage rolls, cauliflower wings and caprese pastry bites. For dessert we had my favourite amaretti cookies and carrot and orange tray bake! A proper treat – and the meat-eaters didn’t miss the lack of meat one bit.
Have you got any interesting food swaps? I’d love to hear some of your favourite – leave a comment below and let us know.
The Baked Parmesan Carrot Fries with Chilli Mayo Dip Recipe:
Baked Parmesan Carrot Fries with Chilli Mayo Dip
- 2 large carrots washed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (use vegetarian hard cheese for veggie version)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chilli sauce sweet chilli or hot chilli - your preference
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f.
- Line a baking tray with parchment or a non-stick silicone mat.
- Slice the carrots into long thin pieces – about the size of a French fry (no need to peel).
- Mix the egg and water and place in a shallow dish. Place the Parmesan into another shallow dish.
- Dip the carrot sticks first in the egg wash, allow any excess to drip off, then roll in the parmesan and place on the baking tray. Repeat until you’ve used all the carrots.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once until dark golden brown.
- Whilst the carrots are cooking, mix together the mayonnaise and chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Take the fries out of the oven, place on a plate and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with the chilli mayo dip.
|Steel Buckets for Fries||Checked Paper Liners|
This post was originally posted in April 2016, updated with new photos, hints and tips and updated recipe card in Sept 2019.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.