This easy cod bake is a simple fish dish, bursting with flavours of coriander, lime, garlic and chilli. It's all made in one pan and baked in the oven.
Brilliant for a quick, hands-off dinner. It works great with any chunky white fish and salmon too!
Did someone say Fish Friday?
I'm always trying to get more fish into our diet, and if any fish dish is going to get us around the table after a long hard week, then this is it!
I do think cod can have a tendency to be a little bit flavourless, so it really needs some punchy ingredients to make it sing.
The amazing flavour combo of garlic, coriander, lime and chilli does just that.
📋 What do we need?
I used fresh cod fillets, but you can use any chunky white fish like Pollack or Haddock or you could even use salmon.
📺 Watch how to make it
Full recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Make up the dry mix first, which is a mixture of salt, pepper, ground coriander, paprika, sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Next make the paste by blending up fresh coriander, garlic, olive oil and lime juice.
- Spread the paste on and around the cod fillets and then sprinkle with the dry mix.
- Arrange slices of lime around the cod and drizzle with a little more oil, then place in the oven for 14 - 16 minutes before garnishing with fresh coriander.
👩🍳PRO TIP Don't overcook the cod fillets, keep an eye on them after the first 10 minutes, to ensure they are cooked through but remain moist and juicy.
The flavour paste gives the cod a gorgeous little crust, keeping the inside soft and the juices just need some good bread to mop up with (or potatoes would be good too).
A lovely light dinner, that I most often serve a salad, so I've got plenty of room for dessert (Sticky Toffee Pudding anyone?).
🍲 More fantastic FISH recipes
Stay updated with new recipes!
Subscribe to the newsletter to hear when I post a new recipe. I’m also on YouTube (new videos every week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes stories & beautiful food photos).
Easy Cod Bake with Coriander and Lime
- 4 skinless cod fillets - (about 600g or 1.3lbs altogether)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mixed black and white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lime - sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Coriander Lime Paste:
- 50 g (1 ¼ packed cups) fresh coriander (cilantro) - roughly torn or chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime - (about 2 tbsp)
- Small bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425f
- Place the cod fillets in a baking dish.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, ground coriander, paprika, sesame seeds and chilli flakes and put to one side. This is your dry mixture.
- Make the coriander lime paste by placing the coriander, garlic, olive oil and lime juice in a mini food processor and pulse until fairly finely chopped. Alternatively, you can finely chop the coriander, and mix it with the other sauce ingredients.
- Spread the coriander lime paste on and around the cod fillets.
- Sprinkle the dry mixture over the cod fillets.
- Arrange slices of lime around the cod.
- Drizzle on the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place in the oven for 14-16 minutes, until the cod is cooked through.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.