One Pan English Breakfast – A proper English brekkie for St Georges day!
Adding ingredients in, watching the meal develop, and then (usually) serving it up, right from the pan.
Apart from this one-pan breakfast, here a few of my favourites:
- One Pan Spaghetti and Meatballs – The kids love meatballs so much, and this recipe makes it easy.
- One Pot Garlic Chicken Pasta – We had this again on Wednesday night, a family favourite.
- One Pot Chicken and Couscous – Feels so summer-y, plus it makes great leftovers too.
- 30 Min One Pot Chicken & Pasta – Pasta, chicken and cheese? No-one’s going to say no to that!
I’m fully aware that some people would prefer their eggs crispy, and others might be wondering why the heck I sprinkled parsley on beans.
But hey, those eggs are still delicious, and actually a little healthier for being poached in the beans and tomatoes. The parsley? Ok, I’ll give you that one. I like pretty photos, and this one needed some green!!
We partly decided on this One Pan English Breakfast because it’s St Georges day tomorrow – and what could be more English than a fry up with a builders brew?
Are you doing anything for St George’s day?
The One Pan English Breakfast Recipe:
One-Pan English Breakfast
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 sausages
- 3 rashers bacon
- 3 mushrooms sliced in half
- 1/2 a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 a tin of baked beans
- 2 eggs
- Small bunch parsley roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Toast to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the sausages, cook for 5-6 minutes, turning regularly until light brown. Add the bacon and mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and baked beans, bring to a gentle bubble.
- Made two spaces in the mixture and crack in the eggs. Cover and simmer on low for 3-4 minutes until the whites are cooked but the yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper before serving with a pile of toast.