Our delicious no bake snickers cheesecake! A creamy no-bake peanut butter cheesecake topped with strips of Snickers and an Oreo base!
Just make sure you have a light dinner before putting this cheesecake on the table. You really want to save room for this peanut butter and snickers-laden dessert.
It's seriously rich, so you don't need much to satisfy that sweet tooth. You'll probably end up eating more than you should though.
I considered chopping the Snickers bars up into tiny little pieces to sprinkle on top of this cheesecake, but instead I decided to go for big thick manly slices. My other option was to scatter whole snickers bars all over it, but maybe that's going just a little too far? (hey, I'd eat it!)
Make it ahead so you can spend some time with your guests at that Christmas party.
Are you having a party this year? We're going out to a restaurant for Christmas dinner for the first time ever. I've done so much cooking (and washing up!) in the last few months, I'm looking forward to sitting there with a large glass of wine and being served 🙂
I've still ordered a turkey though...
I can't imagine going to the fridge for an evening snack and there being no leftover turkey to nibble on. So I'm buying a Turkey especially for the leftovers!!
I'm hoping to get a date with my husband at some point over Christmas too. Things have been hectic at home, and although we managed to get a night out for our anniversary about a month ago (8 years!):
It feels like we haven't just chilled out together for ages! I'm thinking tapas and cocktails and then coming home and finishing off with a large slice of cheesecake from the fridge. Yum!!
Four sleeps to go and counting....... x
No Bake Snickers Cheesecake Recipe:
No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
- 30 Oreo cookies - including the filing - broken into rough pieces (use gluten free chocolate bourbon biscuits if you want a gluten free version)
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter - melted
- 180 ml double/heavy cream
- 200 g smooth peanut butter
- 350 g full-fat cream cheese
- 115 g confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 snickers bars
- 2 tbsp carnation caramel
- Place the Oreos in a food processer and pulse until they turn to coarse crumbs. Stir in the melted butter and then spoon into a 9-inch baking tin with removable base. Use a measuring cup to firmly and evenly squash the crumbs into the base and up the sides of the tin. Use a teaspoon to level the top of the sides. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the cream in a large bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the peanut butter and cream cheese and whisk for a few seconds, then add in the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk again until smooth.
- Take the base out of the fridge and spoon the peanut butter mixture into it. Cut one of the Snickets bar in chunks, and then slice each of the remaining snickets bars into 4 lengths (so you have 12 lengths altogether). Arrange the lengths in a star pattern on top of the cheesecake, and place the chunks of Snickets in a heap in the middle.
- Place the carnation caramel in a piping bag or sandwich bag with the tip cut off. Pipe caramel sauce all over the top of the cheesecake and serve.