An easy honey mustard dressing for salads. It's sweet, with a bit of a tang and a touch of Dijon mustard flavour.
Simply add the 4 store-cupboard ingredients to a jar, along with a pinch of salt and pepper, shake and serve.
My go-to recipe for a quick salad dressing that works on all kinds of salads.
📋 What do we need?
**Full recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post.**
- Olive oil for the base of the dressing - this will help the dressing coat the salad leaves.
You can use regular or extra virgin, depending on what flavour you prefer. Regular olive oil tends to have a more of a neutral flavour, whereas extra virgin often has a more complex, grassier flavour. If you want the flavour of the honey and mustard to really shine, i'd recommend going with regular olive oil.
- White wine vinegar for a little bit of tanginess - and to cut through the sweetness of the honey
- Honey for that lovely sweetness that complements mustard so well
- Dijon mustard - Dijon has a milder taste than English mustard, with no heat, but you replace with English mustard if you prefer. If you do, add a little at a time until you get the flavour you want, as it can be a little over-powering.
If you wanted to pep up your dressing even more, you can add in a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard as well as the Dijon mustard.
- Salt and pepper - just go with a pinch of each at first, but add a little more if you think it needs it.
🔪 Watch how to make it.
🍲 More sauces and additions to your salad
Stay updated with new recipes!
Subscribe to the newsletter to hear when I post a new recipe. I’m also on YouTube (new videos every week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes stories & beautiful food photos).
Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl or jar.
- Whisk together until combined. If using a jar, place the lid on firmly and shake until the ingredients are combined.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.
Lovely and light, even my friend who hates mustard and vinegar loved it so a real winner.
Simple, but delicious homemade salad dressing, so much nicer than store bought😋