Crispy Fried Ravioli With Spicy Tomato Dip – an easy and totally moreish party food!
This Crispy Fried Ravioli With Spicy Tomato Dip post is sponsored by Giovanni Rana – Italy’s most loved fresh pasta maker.
Do you ever make party food for dinner?
The kids love it if I’ve been making and photographing more than one recipe in a day, because they know that means they’re having buffet tea!
I made a pretty big batch of these fried ravioli bites, and they were gone in seconds. Chris and I managed to grab three before the whirlwind of hungry children almost took our hands off!
The new filled fresh pasta range by Giovanni Rana has been a bit of a lifesaver whilst I’ve been getting my new kitchen put in. Simple and quick to prepare, you can boil a pan of water (I used my mini plug-in hob!!), throw in the pasta for a few minutes, and plate it up with a drizzle of olive oil and some salad for a tasty, authentic Italian dinner.
I’ve also been using it to make lovely comforting soups, and my latest experiment has seen me tossing it in breadcrumbs and frying it up for a hot party food or appetizer.
Chris finally got his wish and we bought a fryer recently, so this seemed like the perfect recipe to give it a whirl!
It only takes a minute or so to fry, until it’s crunchy and golden, with a creamy centre.
My favourite is the creamy mozzarella and smoked pancetta ravioli – it tastes amazing with the spicy tomato sauce.
I really hope you enjoy the Crispy Fried Ravioli With Spicy Tomato Dip recipe guys!
Also, check out the Giovanni Rana Live Italian guide for some tips on living an authentic Italian foodie lifestyle, along with tasty recipes too!
as well as this delicious Crispy Fried Ravioli With Spicy Tomato Dip, Here are a list of my other favourite appetizers for you to enjoy!
Crispy Fried Ravioli With Spicy Tomato Dip Recipe:
Crispy Fried Ravioli With Spicy Tomato Dip
- 1 pack of Giovanni Rana Creamy Mozzarella and Smoked Pancetta Ravioli
- 240 ml buttermilk
- 125 g fine breadcrumbs - shop-bought is fine
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Oil for deep frying
Spicy Tomato Dip:
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped or minced
- 1 hot red chilli chopped (discard the seeds if you want the sauce to be less spicy)
- 300 g tinned tomatoes 3/4 of a regular tin
- 1 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a deep fat fryer, or heat 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy-based pan to approx 180c/350f.
- First make the dip. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the chopped onion. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat until the onions soften. Add in the garlic and chopped chilli and cook for another minute. Add in the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar and salt & pepper. Bring to a bubble and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring every so often. Blend using hand blender.
- Now make the crispy ravioli. Pour the buttermilk into a bowl.
- Place the breadcrumbs, paprika and garlic salt into another bowl and mix.
- Dip the ravioli in the buttermilk, then dredge in the breadcrumbs until covered. Place into the oil (I fry about 8 at a time) until golden brown. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the ravioli and place in a large plate. Spoon the dip into a small bowl and serve together immediately.