These chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries make a great party dessert!
Are you having a party this Christmas?
Unfortunately we won’t be, as we haven’t quite finished our kitchen yet. The oven and hobs are being connected today, but we’ve still got a little way to go in terms of finishing work surfaces, building a dining table (Chris is making the dining table!) and getting other bits of furniture.
So we’ll be travelling around to various relatives in the hope of being fed and watered.
Of course we won’t be going empty handed. Amongst other things, I’m going to be taking these chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries!
A no-bake cheesecake mixture made with cocoa powder and melted chocolate, piped into juicy strawberries.
It wouldn’t be cheesecake without a little crunch, so I’m topping with Oreo crumbs too.
If you want to try alternative fillings, here are a few ideas:
- Salted caramel (replace the melted chocolate and cocoa with store-bought salted caramel sauce) and crushed up biscoff (speculoos) biscuits
- Vanilla cheesecake with crushed digestive biscuit (or Graham cracker) sprinkles
- Nutella (replace the melted chocolate and cocoa with Nutella) and crushed roasted hazelnuts
So good! I think I’m going to have to put them in the boot of the car whilst travelling – I don’t think they’d make it without being half eaten otherwise!!
If you’ve tried this recipe then please rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing your thoughts and add-ons to my recipes!
You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and TWITTERto see what I’m up to in the kitchen, what recipes i’m loving, and of course YOUTUBE to see our latest recipe videos!
The Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Recipe:
Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 20 large ripe strawberries
- 90 ml double (heavy) cream
- 180 g cream cheese
- 60 g icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sifted cocoa powder
- 55 g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 Oreo biscuits - creamy centre discarded (ok, eaten!), biscuits crushed (for gluten-free, use gluten-free bourbons or your favourite gluten-free chocolate biscuit)
- Remove any leaves from the strawberries, then use a melon baller to scoop out the centre of the strawberries. Slice the very bottom off the strawberries so they stand up straight.
- Whisk the cream in a large bowl until the soft peak stage, then add the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Whisk again until combined, then pour in the melted chocolate. Whisk once more until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a fluted tip and pipe the cheesecake mixture into the strawberries. You want to fill the hole in the strawberry, and have the cheesecake mixture swirled on top – like a mini cupcake.
- Place the strawberries in a petit fours cases and sprinkle the crushed biscuits on top before serving.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.