A fifteen minute party dessert (that will probably be gone in 5!) - these Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries make a fantastic simple dessert for your buffet table!
A simple party dessert that I always come back to. These strawberry cheesecake bites are loved by kids and adults alike and i've never seen one left on the party table.
They're really quick to whip up, and, whilst yes, they are made with cream, sugar, cream cheese and crumbled biscuits.....
......strawberries also feature pretty bloomin heavily, so I consider them to be an all round great snack.
Here's a quick rundown of how to make them:
Full instructions are in the recipe card below, and there's a video just above the recipe card.
First we scoop out the top of 20 fresh strawberries. I find a melon baller works great for this. Then slice a little slice off the end of the strawberries, so they stand up without falling over.
It's a good idea to place them in the petit four cases (<--affiliate link) at this point, so you don't have to handle them too much once they're stuffed (I've made that mistake, and I'm super clumsy, so I've accidentally squished a few and had to eat them).
Now whisk double (heavy) cream until thick, then whisk in cream cheese, icing (powdered) sugar and vanilla extract. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a fluted tip, and pipe the filling into the strawberries.
*Top Tip* If you're making ahead, you can cover and chill them at this point for up to a day.
If you're serving immediately, sprinkle on some crushed digestive biscuits (or crushed graham crackers) and serve.
Fancy a chocolate variation?
These are my chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries (topped with Oreo crumbs).
Note – I previously worked with Elmlea to create a video of this recipe for an Instagram post. That video has been re-edited especially for this post. This post has not been sponsored.
The Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Video:
The Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Recipe:
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 20 large ripe strawberries
- 90 ml (⅓ cup) double (heavy) cream
- 180 g (⅔ cup) cream cheese
- 60 g (¼ cup) icing (powdered) sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 digestive biscuits - or 4 Graham crackers, crushed
- Remove any leaves from the strawberries and use a melon baller to scoop out the centre of the strawberries. Slice off the very bottom of the strawberries so they stand up straight.20 large ripe strawberries
- Place the strawberries in petit four cases on a serving plate.
- Whisk the cream in a large bowl until the soft peak stage, then add the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk again until light and fluffy.90 ml (⅓ cup) double (heavy) cream, 180 g (⅔ cup) cream cheese, 60 g (¼ cup) icing (powdered) sugar, ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a fluted tip and pipe the cheesecake mixture into the strawberries. You want to fill the hole in the strawberry and have the cheesecake mixture swirled on top – like a mini cupcake.
- Sprinkle the crushed biscuits on top before serving.4 digestive biscuits
Strawberries:Be sure to use fresh (not frozen) strawberries. If possible, go for the really dark red, ripe and juicy ones/
Sprinkles:I use crushed digestives biscuit (you can replace with Graham crackers) , as this is reminiscent of what you'd use for a cheesecake base. However, you can change up those toppings however you like! How about rainbow sprinkles, chocolate curls, freeze dried strawberry pieces or grated white chocolate!
Can I make them ahead?Yes - make the cheesecake-stuffed strawberries up, but leave off the biscuit/cookie crumbs (as they'll go soft if left for more than an hour or so). Cover and refrigerate the stuffed strawberries for up to a day, then remove from the the refrigerator and sprinkle with the biscuit crumbs before serving. Nutritional information is per stuffed strawberry and is approximate.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.