Cashew Apricot White Chocolate Energy Balls – Perfect for that afternoon energy dip!
Why oh why does sugar rule me so.
I want it.
Chocolate, bread, cake, more chocolate, maybe some jelly tots and then a little more chocolate.
If somebody could invent some kind of virtual reality gadget that could make celery and carrot sticks feel like I was eating chocolate and jelly tots I’d be most grateful.
So even though I’ve created these healthier energy balls, I couldn’t resist the addition of a little chocolate!
I’ve been trying hard to maintain my exercise and healthier eating since I reached my target weight, but it’s certainly harder now that I haven’t got my personal trainer coming round with her scales every week.
I’m still going to her weekly group fitness class – which is helping me to be a little more mindful of what I’m eating during the week. But I’ve had a few hiccups here and there.
These energy balls are my way of getting a healthier snack that satisfies that sugar craving, without reaching for the biscuit tin.
They’re sweet and squidgy with a little hint of crunch from the chia seeds and coconut.
I’ve been having one or two before a workout – which really helps get me through to the end with bags of energy.
Do you have any energy boosting food/snack ideas?
I need all the help I can get to keep me on track!!
Cashew Apricot White Chocolate Energy Balls Recipe:
- 110 g cashew nuts
- 50 g rolled oats (check they're certified gluten free if needed)
- 90 g white chocolate chips (check they're certified gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g dried apricots
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the cashew nuts in a food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs - about 30 seconds (don't over-pulse or they'll start to get oily).
- Add the oats, half of the white chocolate chips, vanilla extract, dried apricots, and salt. Pulse again until the mixture combines and just starts to clump together.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips and the chia seeds and mix with a spoon.
- Place the shredded coconut on a plate.
- Scoop out a heaped teaspoon of the apricot mixture, then squash and roll into a ball in your hands. Roll in the coconut and place on a plate or tray. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
Nutritional Information is per energy ball