This post is written in collaboration with the Breville, using the Blend Active Accessory pack.
Gotta love a good dip!
Placed in the centre of a pile of veggies and seafood, they can transform the simplest foods into something mouth-wateringly moreish!
Plus that easy party platter looks impressive too. I'm all about simple food that looks good!
I think the most important elements of a good party platter are:
- Different colours - Use bright and vibrant colours where possible - bright purple chicory, pink radishes and lush green salad leaves!
- Different textures - crunchy veg such as celery and radishes, mixed with perfectly ripe and tender avocado and juicy prawns!
- Different shapes - It's easy to fall into the cut-everything-into-sticks trap, but a range of different shapes makes the dish look interesting and appealing
- A hint of luxury - I love using smoked salmon and shell-on prawns, as they look a little bit posh. Deli ingredients such as salami, olives, burrata cheese and cured ham all look great too.
But the thing that brings everything together is the dip!
Breville sent me their Blend Active and Blend Active Accessory pack to test recently - and these fresh and tasty dips seemed like the perfect opportunity to test it out.
We have a spicy tomato salsa, a refreshing tzatziki and a creamy avocado cheese dip:
I used the compact food processor to whizz up all three dips. I also used the grinding mill to shred the parmesan cheese and the juicer to juice the limes.
I love the fact that the blender and accessory pack are small enough to live on the counter top, without getting in the way. Meaning i'm more likely to use it for those morning smoothies (a new hot smoothie coming soon!) and homemade nut butter. Gracey's been pleading with me for a while to make her favourite cashew, coconut and white chocolate butter - so I guess it's time 🙂
All three dips went down a treat and now I'm looking forward to trying some more for the festive party table. If you are after a spicier chicken party platter you can always try my Chicken Fajita Platter.
Do you have a favourite dip recipe? I'd love to hear!
The Seafood Party Platter with Three Dips Recipe:
Seafood Party Platter with Three Dips
- 200 g 7oz shell-on, king prawns (shrimp), heads removed
- 180 g approx. 2 small ready-poached/steamed salmon fillets, roughly flaked
- 120 g approx 4 slices smoked salmon
- 4 radishes - thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado - sliced in half, de-stoned, flesh scooped out with a spoon and sliced
- 2 heads of red chicory - leaves chopped or torn off
- 3 sticks celery - sliced into finger-length pieces, then each piece sliced length-ways into 3 strips
- 80 g approx 3 cups mixed baby salad leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove - peeled
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice - you can use the Breville juicer accessory for this
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 2 tbsp grated Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese - I used the Breville mill accessory to mill the cheese
Spicy salsa dip:
- ½ red onion - peeled
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Small bunch coriander - cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 jalapeno - chopped in half
- 1 garlic clove - peeled
- ½ large cucumber - sliced in half, seeds scooped out with a teaspoon and discarded
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- Start by making the dips.
- For the Avocado dip, remove the stem from the top of the avocado. Slice the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Place in the compact food processor accessory along with the rest of the avocado dip ingredients. Blend until smooth, then spoon out into a small serving bowl.
- For the spicy salsa dip, roughly chop the red onion and tomatoes, then place in the compact food processor along with the rest of the salsa dip ingredients. Pulse a few times until everything is combined and you get your preferred texture (I went with a small-chunk texture). Spoon out into a small serving bowl.
- For the Tzatziki, place all of the tzatziki ingredients in the compact food processor and pulse until combined. Spoon out into a small serving bowl.
- Now arrange all of the platter ingredients on a large plate, tray or serving board. Nestle in the dip bowls, and serve.
- Tip - you can make this platter a couple of hours ahead of time: Simply cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. You will need to stir the salsa before serving, as some of the liquid will separate slightly from the pulsed ingredients if left for too long.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.