This post was created in collaboration with Grana Padano and Prosciutto di San Daniele.
Salads just don't do it for me in the winter months. I want stick-to-your-ribs comfort food!
But after a while I start to turn sloth-like, and slow right down until all I want to do is nap on the sofa!
Not good considering November and December is our busiest time with work and then of course, there's Christmas!! The kids are already counting down the sleeps until the big day, so I need to pull my socks up and get ENERGISED!!
Let's bring on the Winter Nourish Bowls!
Everything in this bowl is designed to make you feel fab.....
....from the filling good-carbs of the bulgur wheat,
..to the tasty, spoil-yourself Prosciutto di San Daniele,
..to the gentle sweetness of the roasted pumkpin,
..all the way to the perfect, savoury graininess of the Grana Padano.
Yes, I've still thrown in some salad classics - like the juicy tomatoes and the baby salad leaves, but they're given a wonderful hint of heat with a drizzle of garlic-chilli-tahini dressing.
Did I tell you I won a massive hunk of Grana Padano at a recent event down in London? Oh my gosh, it's heaven to go to the fridge and be able to grab a lovely big chunk to grate onto soups, in sauces, or as a finishing touch to a classic bolognese!
I have a couple more Grana Padano and Prosciutto di San Daniele recipes coming soon, so I'll share some photos from the event.
Just looking for one of me without a glass of wine in my hand, but haven't managed to find one so far ????
If you buy some Grana Padano or Prosciutto di San Daniele (a must for the Christmas buffet table!) be sure to look out for the PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) symbol below.
This symbol means they’re protected from being copied, due to their origin and unique processing techniques. So you can be assured of the quality of the product.
Are you hungry yet?
Click here for more info on Grana Padano.
Click here for more info on Prosciutto di San Daniele.
The Winter Nourish Bowl Recipe:
Winter Nourish Bowl with Grana Padano and Prosciutto Di San Daniele + Video!
- 2 mini pumpkins - deseeded and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 150 g (1 cup) dried bulgur wheat
- 400 ml (1 ⅔ cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 85 g (1 cup) mixed baby salad leaves
- 1 avocado - skin removed, de-stoned and sliced
- 3 radishes - thinly sliced
- 6 rainbow cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- 6 green olives - de-stoned and sliced
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 6 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele
- 50 g (½ cup) Grana Padano cheese - thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F (fan).
- Place the pumpkin slices on a baking sheet, drizzle on the olive oil and honey, then sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss everything together with your hands, then bake in the oven for 30-35 mins, turning once, until tender and golden.2 mini pumpkins, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp honey, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper
- Meanwhile, cook the bulgur wheat by adding it to a small saucepan with the stock and chilli flakes. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the bulgur wheat is fluffy. Drain off any excess water, and fluff the bulgur wheat with a fork (note, you can serve the bulgur wheat warm, or cold).150 g (1 cup) dried bulgur wheat, 400 ml (1 ⅔ cups) chicken or vegetable stock, pinch of chilli flakes
- Next, make the garlic-chilli-tahini drizzle by mixing all of the drizzle ingredients together in a small bowl. Put to one side until you're just about to serve.1 tbsp tahini, ½ of a finely chopped red chilli, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 clove garlic, 1 tbsp honey, juice of half a lime
- Now it's time to assemble the nourish bowl. Divide the baby salad leaves between two bowls. Spoon on the cooked bulgur wheat and top with the pumpkin slices, radish slices, tomatoes, olive slices and pomegranate seeds.85 g (1 cup) mixed baby salad leaves, 1 avocado, 3 radishes, 6 rainbow cherry tomatoes, 6 green olives, 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Spoon on a little of the tahini drizzle, then complete the bowls with slices of Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano.6 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele, 50 g (½ cup) Grana Padano cheese
- Serve with extra Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano.
Why not try these recipes that also feature the delicious combination of Grana Padano and Prosciutto di San Daniele:
Grana Padano egg muffins with Prosciutto Di San Daniele
Herby Yorkshire Puddings with Bechamel Sauce
Stuffed Mushroom Arancini
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.