Creamy whipped feta - a luscious, tangy, creamy and slightly salt dip. Perfect for serving with crudités, drizzled on barbecued meats and vegetables or smothered on stuffed pita wraps.
I love to serve mine with my Air Fryer Greek-style chicken and Flatbreads.
Feta is good, but this whipped feta dip? Now that is something else.
It's basically a way to make feta taste even creamier, and in a form that means you can spread it on or dip it in everything! The perfect appetizer!
- Use as a dip for veggies such as carrots, cucumber, celery and peppers
- Load it onto pita bread, pita chips or crackers
- Drizzle it on wraps or cooked meats (especially barbecued meat)
📺 Watch how to make it
Full recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post.
👩🍳PRO TIP The addition of a little bit of water makes this a smooth, creamy dip with the perfect texture. You can add more water if you want to thin is out further an turn it into more of a pourable sauce.
Serve the dip as it is, or you can load it with toppings - such as sesame seeds, fresh herbs or lemon zest - or as I've I've done on the picture below, a little drizzle of olive oil.
I love to serve this feta dip recipe as part of a 'make your own stuffed flatbreads' platter.
Stay updated with new recipes!
Subscribe to the newsletter to hear when I post a new recipe. I’m also on YouTube (new videos every week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes stories & beautiful food photos).
- 200 g (7oz) block of feta cheese
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cream cheese
- 1 small clove garlic - peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Optional for garnish:
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Black pepper to sprinkle
- Place the feta, cream cheese, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and water into the bowl of a small food processor.200 g (7oz) block of feta cheese, 100 g (3.5 oz) cream cheese, 1 small clove garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 3 tablespoons cold water
- Blend together until smooth. If you would like a thinner consistency, add more oil or a splash of water.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve as it is, or drizzle over a little olive oil or sprinkle on some black pepper if you like.Olive oil to drizzle, Black pepper to sprinkle
- Spring with sesame seeds, pine nuts or chopped pistachios
- Zing up the flavour with chilli flakes (red pepper flakes), lemon zest, herbs - such as fresh dill, parsley or thyme.
- Add a pinch of smoked paprika, sumac or za'atar for colour and flavour
- Drizzle with a little olive oil or honey
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.