Rainbow noodle salad with Dijon mustard dressing - A crisp, light summer salad with a delicious zingy dressing!
I think it's time to get the salads out again after all that holiday indulgence!
Yes, I've put on a couple (ok 5) pounds over the past couple of weeks with trips out with the kids and lots of yummy food in Italy.
This salad is one of the meals that I know will get me back on track again.
The honey-dijon dressing is the perfect mix of sweet & savoury with a tiny bit of heat that makes every mouthful so moreish.
You don't even need any meat for this veggie-friendly lunch (but it does go well with cold poached salmon if you're one of those people who feels a meal isn't complete without some meat or fish on there).
This is one of my favourite salads - partly due to the gorgeous colours, partly due to the fact that I get to use one or two of my nifty kitchen tools (like this mandoline and this spiralizer <--Amazon affiliate links), and partly because it's so flippin tasty.
I initially made this for Superfood Magazine back in early Spring and I've gone back to it again and again over summer.
I usually stick with this Dijon dressing, but sometimes I like to change it up a little with the spicy-nutty dressing from my nutty noodles recipe.
You can also make it without the noodles and edamame as a lighter alternative to coleslaw. (and then serve it with the great big burger with onion rings that I'm making for the blog next week - oops. I'll just have a to make a small one for me!!)
The Rainbow noodle salad with Dijon mustard dressing Recipe:
Rainbow noodle salad with Dijon mustard dressing
- 200 g dried whole-wheat noodles (use GF certified buckwheat noodles for gluten free)
- 2 large carrots - peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper - deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 yellow pepper - deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 6 radishes - cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber - spiralized, or cut into matchsticks
- 100 g fresh, cooked edamame beans
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Boil a large pan of water, add the noodles and cook as per pack instructions. Drain and run under cold water. This prevents the noodles from sticking together.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl, add the carrots, peppers, radishes, cucumber and edamame beans. Toss together and divide between four bowls. Sprinkle on the white and black sesame seeds.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Serve with the rainbow salad.