This Easy Nutty Noodle Salad is a simple and delicious cold noodle salad served with a spicy, nutty sauce.
A really quick and simple noodle salad for you today.
I was looking for something healthy, crunchy and just a little bit filling to serve alongside some Thai fishcakes, and this salad turned out to the be the perfect answer.
Rice noodles and ribbons of crunchy veg are bumped up the taste scale with plenty of toppings (you know I love toppings) and a quick spicy sauce made with peanut butter, chilli sauce, garlic, lime and a few other store-cupboard goodies.
You can serve it as a side, on it's own, or top it with some cooked chicken or prawns.
I'll show you the griddled Thai salmon fishcakes I served it with on Friday (think light, spicy bites, flavoured with lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves - yum!).
I'm off to do some Photoshop training now. I love Photoshop for editing photos, but it's so expensive, and I'm honestly using about 1% of the functionality at the moment! I practised creating some collage pins for Pinterest in it yesterday. What do you think?
It probably took me about twice as long as using Pickmonkey, and I think it still needs a bit of work, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
Do you use Photoshop for photo editing or blogging? any tips gratefully recieved 🙂
Easy Nutty Noodle Salad Recipe:
Easy Nutty Noodle Salad
- 100 g (3.5 oz) or approx two nests flat rice noodles
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 3 spring onions - scallions, chopped finely
- 1 cup sliced sweetheart cabbage
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted peanuts
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with freshly boiled water from the kettle. Leave for 3 minutes to cook through, then drain, rinse in cold water until the noodles are cold (this helps to prevent the noodles sticking together too much whilst), and leave to drain.
- Make the spicy sauce next by whisking all of the sauce ingredients together using a small whisk or fork. Whisk just until the peanut butter is blended into the sauce. Put to one side.
- Back to the salad: Use a potato peeler to peel the cucumber into long,thin strips. Work your way around the cucumber, discarding the core.
- Use your potato peeler to peel strips of carrot in the same way.
- Toss the noodles, cucumber and carrot strips, spring onion and cabbage slices together, then split between two bowls.
- Top each bowl with fresh coriander, sesame seeds and chopped nuts, then drizzle with spicy sauce. If you like it extra spicy, you can also drizzle on a little extra sriracha like I did.