Pornstar Martini, also known as a passion fruit martini, has a fresh velvety flavour with the sweet and tangy notes of fresh passion fruit and an aromatic hint of vanilla. The addition of lime juice adds a zesty kick that enhances the overall flavour profile of the drink. It's a delightful and exotic cocktail that's a favourite in the UK.
The Pornstar Martini (or passion fruit martini) is said to be invented by London bartender Douglas Ankrah in the early 2000s. It quickly became very popular in the UK earning it the accolade of most popular cocktail in 2018.
To make a pornstar (passion fruit) martini you'll need:
- Fresh passion fruits
- Vanilla Vodka
- Passion fruit liqueur
- Vanilla syrup
- Lime juice
- Pineapple juice - this helps to create the frothy topping when shaking.
- Prosecco or sparkling wine - This is to serve alongside the pornstar martini.
You can replace the pineapple juice with passion fruit purée if you can find it. Either will help to create the frothy topping.
The combination of these flavors give you a refreshing and slightly tart cocktail with a hint of sweetness.
👩🍳PRO TIP To create that perfect luxurious texture, you need to vigorously shake the cocktail mixer with ice until you get that velvety smooth pornstar martini. This not only ensures proper dilution but also froths up the passion fruit, giving your drink that signature silky top.
Pour into your favorite martini glasses, garnish with half a passion fruit, and serve with a shot glass of prosecco.
🍸 How to drink a pornstar martini
A porn star martini is served with a shot of prosecco or champagne.
To drink it properly you want to alternate sips of the martini with sips of prosecco - starting with the prosecco.
Stay updated with new recipes!
Subscribe to the newsletter to hear when I post a new recipe. I’m also on YouTube (new videos every week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes stories & beautiful food photos).
Pornstar Martini Recipe
- 4 fresh passion fruits
- 100 ml (3.5 fl oz) vanilla vodka
- 30 ml (1 fl oz) passion fruit liqueur
- 30 ml (1 fl oz) vanilla syrup
- 30 ml (1 fl oz) fresh lime juice
- 30 ml (1 fl oz) pineapple juice - this helps to create the frothy topping when shaking
- 100 ml (3.5 fl oz) prosecco or sparkling wine
- 3 cubes ice - (for shaking)
- Add three cubes of ice to a cocktail shaker.3 cubes ice
- Slice the passion fruits in half.4 fresh passion fruits
- Scoop the insides out of three of the passion fruits and place in the cocktail shaker.
- Add the vanilla vodka, passionfruit liqueur, vanilla syrup, lime juice, and pineapple juice to the cocktail shaker. Shake until the ice has melted (this aerates the drink and helps to ensure a lovely foamy top).100 ml (3.5 fl oz) vanilla vodka, 30 ml (1 fl oz) passion fruit liqueur, 30 ml (1 fl oz) vanilla syrup, 30 ml (1 fl oz) fresh lime juice, 30 ml (1 fl oz) pineapple juice
- Strain into two coupe glasses and top each with the remaining passion fruit halves.
- Serve each pornstar martini with a separate 50ml shot of prosecco.100 ml (3.5 fl oz) prosecco or sparkling wine
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.