It’s Spring time in a bowl!
Lots of lovely green veg, mixed with spaghetti, herbs and oh-so-creamy goat’s cheese.
This meal is basically ready in the time it takes to cook a pan of spaghetti, so it’s a great one to get on the table quickly when the children are complaining that they’re ‘starving’.
Did you know that not all cheeses are vegetarian? Italian hard cheese in particular is nearly always non-veggie, and soft goat’s cheese is often non-veggie too. So, although this recipes uses both, I paid particular attention in the shop to be sure I picked up the vegetarian versions (you should find them in any large supermarket).
Again, my meat-loving husband fully approves of this dish, and just so you know, it goes perfectly with a glass of chilled white wine….
Did you see yesterday’s veggie recipe – my Vegetarian Loaded Mexican Tortilla Pan?
Look at all those toppings!!
My final recipe to finish off vegetarian week will be out on Friday. It’s got an Asian theme (my favourite style of cooking), and it’s sooo good!
The One-pot Garlic and Herb Spaghetti with Courgetti:
This One-pot garlic and herb spaghetti with courgetti is a super-quick and easy dinner - all made in one pan!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 500 ml good quality vegetable stock
- 100 ml whole (full fat) milk
- 150 g dried spaghetti
- 1 Small head of broccoli stalk removed, chopped into small florets
- 16 asparagus stalks trimmed
- 60 g frozen peas
- 1 large courgette spiralised
- 30 g vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Small bunch of mixed herbs such as parsley, thyme and mint, roughly chopped
- 100 g soft vegetarian goat’s cheese roughly chopped/torn
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and fry gently for a couple of minutes until the onions start to go translucent. Add in the garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add the stock and milk. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the spaghetti. Lower the heat so there’s a gentle bubble, then place a lid or some foil on the pan. Turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the spaghetti, then add in the broccoli, stir, place the lid back on and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the asparagus, cook with the lid on for 2 mins, then add the peas and spiralised courgette. Cover again and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove the lid, stir in the vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, lemon juice and herbs, and dot on the goat’s cheese before serving.
Nutritional Information is per serving:
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.