This Grilled Peach Breakfast Parfait is great for dessert for breakfast!
Crunchy homemade granola, layered with Greek yogurt and caramelized grilled peaches. Take this to work in a little mason jar and you’ll feel way more energised than wolfing down a piece of buttered toast as you run out the door.
I nearly always have blueberries in my granola/yogurt, but these peaches make a really tasty change. You can cook them under the grill, on the griddle or even on the BBQ the night before, then just let them cool before chopping, wrapping and refrigerating them for the next day.
The peaches don’t even need to be ripe (and in fact, it’s a lot easier to de-stone peaches that are less ripe) as the cooking process, along with the little bit of butter and sugar that’s spread on before cooking ensure the peaches are sweetened and softened.
So next time you have a BBQ, don’t waste those coals that are still burning long after you’ve eaten your burgers. Grill some peaches for the next day (although they also taste great with ice cream for a post-burger dessert too).
I think I’ve recovered from last weekend’s Brit Mums blogging conference now. It was such a brilliant event. Over 600 of us chatting over copious amounts of free wine, eating the amazing food, talking to brands, getting starstruck by celebraties such as Carol Smilie, Caprice and Ella from Deliciously Ella, attending the brilliant workshops, and even taking part in a Guinness book of records challenge…..
Yes, that’s right.
We attempted to beat the world record for ‘most people wrapped as a mummy (in loo roll) in 3 minutes’. The existing record was 50 mummies.
We managed 51!!
So, we’re going to be in the Guinness book of records! I finally have an interesting fact about myself (if you’ve ever attended a workshop and had to break the ice by telling the group an interesting fact about yourself, and you realised that like me, you’re completely un-interesting, then this is a BIG deal).
And before you ask, yes. I was one of the mummies.
Being a rather mini 5ft 2 and-a-half-inches – it made sense for me to get wrapped. So not only was I apologetically manhandled by relative strangers, but I also had to stand, completely covered (including bottoms of feet and my whole head) in loo roll, with my arms outstretched for 15 minutes whilst the adjudicator did her rounds.
Boy did my shoulders burn.
It was worth it in the end though, and I loved meeting fellow bloggers, swapping business cards (like a real adult) and of course coming home with heaving bags of freebies 🙂
The Grilled Peach Breakfast Parfait Recipe:
Grilled Peach Breakfast Parfait
- 2 firm peaches
- 1 tbsp butter salted or unsalted is fine, softened
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil for oiling the griddle
- 6 heaped tbsp granola. Use this recipe for homemade or you can use store-bought (check for gluten free if required).
- 4 heaped tbsp Greek Yogurt
- Honey for drizzling optional
- Slice the peaches in half by slicing around the stone, following the natural line down one side of the peach. Use your thumbs to gently pull the peaches apart. Gently remove the peach stones using a spoon or very carefully with a sharp knife - or a combination of both.
- Mix the butter and sugar together and then spread it onto the cut side of the peaches.
- If using a griddle or BBQ, heat them up and brush it with oil - to prevent the peaches from sticking. Place the peaches on the griddle/BBQ cut-side down (or cut-side up if you're using a grill/broiler) and cook for 2-3 minutes - until golden. Then turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes on the skin side.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool before chopping into chunks. You can then cover and refrigerate the chunks until you're ready to assemble.
- To assemble, place a spoon full of Greek yogurt at the bottom of the mini-mason jars, then add a layer of peaches, followed by a layer of granola. Then add another layer of Greek yogurt, followed by a layer of granola and finally top with the remaining peaches.
- Drizzle on some honey if you like, and then serve.