The Ultimate BLT with homemade hashbrown - this is breakfast and lunch in one meal!
I know ther's more to life than sandwiches. But right now, I'm finding it hard to get my mind off the subject.
I made this BLT a couple of weeks ago when some friends came round the other day, I meant to take a few photos of it there and then for the blog, but it accidentally got eaten (ahem).
So I made it the next day, along with the genius idea of making a backup BLT in case of BLT related emergencies.
Because BLT related emergencies happen in my world.
Best decision ever.
But I haven't made it since, and looking at the pictures again is making me rather sad that I've already had soup for lunch.
This Ultimate BLT with Homemade Hashbrown has Layers of bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, three pieces of toast, a perfectly dippy fried egg and crispy golden homemade hashbrown.
Weekend breakfast is sorted! - After all it is National Breakfast week.
By the way, thank you so much if you entered the Amazon giveaway - we had nearly 100,000 entries!
Beth from Food Fashion and Fun will be announcing a winner soon, and the lucky winner will be contacted asap after that.
Happy National Breakfast week - are you cooking up anything special?
The Ultimate BLT with Homemade Hashbrown Recipe:
Ultimate BLT with Homemade Hashbrown
- 2 tbsp butter - softened
- 3 slices of bread
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Egg
- 3 pieces lettuce
- 1/2 large tomato - sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil + 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 medium potato - peeled and grated
- 1/4 small onion - peeled and grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Salt, pepper and ketchup
- Start by making the hash brown. Heat the oil and butter in a small frying pan, then mix together the grated potato and onion. Squeeze any excess liquid out of the potato and onion using your hands. Pat the mixture with kitchen towels, then toss with the salt and pepper. Form into a thin patty and fry in the oil for 5 minutes. Turn over and fry for 5 more minutes until browned, then place in the oven on very low to keep warm.
- Butter the bread on both sides using all of the butter.
- Heat up a griddle plate and place the bread on the griddle. Cook on one side until the bread is toasted and griddle lines appear. Turn the bread over and sprinkle the cheese on one of the slices. Continue to cook until the bread is toasted on both sides and the cheese is melted (you can place the toast slice with cheese under the grill for a minute if it doesn’t melt enough). Once cooked, put to one side.
- Place the bacon on one side of the griddle and cook for 1 minute, then pour the oil onto the other side of the griddle. Allow the oil to heat, then crack the egg on the griddle. Turn the bacon over, and cook until the bacon is crisp and the egg is cooked (but the yolk is still runny) – about 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Assemble the BLT by placing the toast slice with cheese on the bottom. Top with the sliced tomato, 2 slices of bacon, some ketchup and another slice of toast. Top with the lettuce, hashbrown, the rest of the bacon, the fried egg and the third piece of toasted bread. Season with salt and pepper and serve with more ketchup.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.