Chocolate and Amaretto Affogato - A boozy dessert-meets-coffee with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
This is so simple that I'm not sure I can even call it a recipe.
It is delicious though, so I had to share it!
I love anything with Amaretto in. That sweet, almond scent - reminds me of bakewell tarts and marzipan - drool! I could happily got for a day out to an Amaretto factory and just sit on a bench, inhaling it all day.
I wonder if if it's possible to get drunk inhaling Amaretto scent? Surely not - otherwise all the workers would have to get the bus home.
Oh dear, sorry I'm digressing already. It's late and I've had a ridiculously busy week (can't wait to tell you more soon, but I've been doing some recipes with OvenPride - including some short videos! totally nerve-racking, but I'll share more with you next week).
Oh, and I drank a glass of this stuff too 🙂 It's only got a tablespoon of Amaretto in, but I am a bit of a lightweight.....
Belgian chocolate ice cream, drizzled with Amaretto and steaming hot coffee. So so good.
Original Italian affogato is just vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso. The espresso shouldn't even cover the ice cream.
Mine is a little different in that I use more coffee - to cover the ice cream.
If you start eating right away you can class it as dessert.
Leave it for a couple of minutes, and you have an after-dinner drink where the ice cream has melted and left a gorgeous creamy topping to your boozy drink.
How would you drink yours?
The Chocolate and Amaretto Affogato Recipe:
Chocolate and Amaretto Affogato
- 2 large scoops Belgian chocolate ice cream - or other good quality chocolate ice cream - check the brand for gluten free if necessary
- 2 tbsp Amaretto
- 4 shots espresso
- 2 chunks dark chocolate - grated - check the brand for gluten free if necessary
- Place a scoop of chocolate ice cream into each cup.
- Pour 1 tbsp of Amaretto over each scoop of ice cream and top each with a double shot of espresso.
- Sprinkle over chocolate shavings before serving.