This Chicken Noodle Rainbow Salad with Chilli Lime Dressing is packed with nutritious ingredients. Totally delicious and satisfying!
Griddled chicken on a bed of crunchy vegetable strips, with fine noodles (you don’t need too many to bulk this dish out so that it’s filling enough for dinner) and a creamy chilli lime dressing with flecked with fresh coriander.
This is the type of dinner I go to 100% of the time, on those occasions when I’m trying to be good, but I’m craving something tasty and filling. It’s the perfect remedy when you’re almost ready to throw in the towel and cook up a great big pie (like this one!)
The dressing is so flavourful – like at those ingredients:
I also get to use my mandoline to slice up a huge pile of veggies in extra quick time.
I can be a bit of a sucker when it comes to buying useless kitchen gadgets, and I thought the mandoline purchase might have been one of those mistakes -but I use it a lot (especially for matchstick fries and coleslaw).
Considering the size of cupboard space it takes up, it’s definitely got a high ROI.
Btw, using the ‘high ROI’ argument works much better on Chris than ‘oh this old thing? I’ve had it for ages!’
My worst purchase so far has been little round, stretchy silicone covers for covering bowls and plates (rather than using clingfilm). They all just pinged off after 5 minutes! Chris laughed so hard at that one.
What’s your worst kitchen gadget purchase?
The Chicken Noodle Rainbow Salad with Chilli Lime Dressing Recipe:
Chicken Noodle Rainbow Salad with Chilli Lime Dressing
- ½ tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100 g 3 1/2 oz dried, fine egg noodles
- ¼ red cabbage
- 1 large carrot peeled
- 4 radishes
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ red pepper
- ¼ green cabbage
- 5 spring onions
- 3 1/2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 small lime
- ½ red chilli finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp sugar
- Preheat a griddle pan or frying pan on a medium-high heat. Mix together the mustard, brown sugar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breasts on the griddle and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked through, and no longer pink in the middle. Remove from the heat and place on a chopping board to rest.
- Cook the noodles as per the pack instructions, then drain and rinse with cold water to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Use a mandoline to julienne the red cabbage, carrot, radishes, red pepper, yellow pepper and green cabbage (or finely slice if you don’t have a mandoline). Finely slice the spring onions into 3cm long strips.
- Mix together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Assemble the bowls by adding in the vegetables and noodles, then tossing together. Slice the cooked chicken and arrange on top of the bowls. Drizzle on the dressing and serve.