Did you know you can make baked potatoes in an Air Fryer?
Super crispy on the outside and tender and buttery on the inside.
Making jacket potatoes is one of my favourite uses of the air fryer - especially during the warmer months when I don't want to heat the kitchen up using the oven!
One of the best lunches going - a proper jacket spud filled with your favourite toppings.
I take my baked potato game very seriously - as you can see from the baked potato experiment I did a while back (before I had an air fryer):
Well it turns out baking potatoes in the air fryer results in a fantastic baked spud too!
Perfectly crisp skin and a lovely fluffy middle - plus it's so much more energy efficient than using the oven, and and quicker too!
📋 What do we need?
- Baking potatoes - If you can't find potatoes that are labelled 'baking potatoes', go with a large floury potato, such as Maris Piper, King Edward or Russet.
- Avocado oil, or other neutral high smoke-point oil. Or for a real treat (but definitely NOT vegetarian) use melted Beef Dripping! This will ensure a lovely crispy skin and help the salt and pepper adhere to the skin.
- Salt and Pepper - for a really tasty skin!
👩🍳PRO TIP Give your potatoes a good scrub as you're going to want to eat all the crispy skin.
🍲 More fantastic Air Fryer recipes
Stay updated with new recipes!
Subscribe to the newsletter to hear when I post a new recipe. I’m also on YouTube (new videos every week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes stories & beautiful food photos).
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil - (or other neutral oil with a high smoke point)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Prick the potatoes several times, then coat the potatoes in oil, salt and pepper.2 large baking potatoes, 1 tbsp avocado oil, ¼ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp black pepper
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 45-50 mins, shaking once, halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and place on plates.
- Carefully slice each potato in half, lengthways. Use a tea-towel to protect your hands.
- Use a fork to fluff up the insides of the potatoes. Add a knob of butter to each potato and serve.2 tbsp salted butter
- Microwave for 5 minutes for one potato (7 mins for 2).
- Carefully coat in the oil (I use a pastry brush, as the potatoes will be hot), salt and pepper and cook in the air fryer at 200C/400F for 10-12 minutes (same amount of time for one or two potatoes), shaking once, halfway through cooking.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.