Can you class a toasted bagel as a ‘Toastie’? Yes, I think you can. Which means I can introduce the Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bagel for day three of my Sweet Toastie series.
If I didn’t have to stick to my 5 day series, I would absolutely be making this for breakfast again tomorrow. I guess I’ll just have to make a new toastie in the morning and then have this one for lunch instead!
Get rid of any distractions, sit down, and slowly eat this bagel quietly all by yourself. This meal truly deserves your undivided attention, and it’ll return the favour by ensuring you have one of the most satisfyingly sweet breakfasts you’ve ever eaten.
Nom Nom Nom
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bagel (Serves 1)
- 1 Bagel, sliced in half
- Small handful of blueberries
- 1 tsp caster or granulated sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tbsp Mascarpone
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp good quality lemon curd
- Toast your Bagel until nicely browned.
- Whilst toasting the bagel, place your blueberries in a small pan with the sugar and water. Place on a medium to high heat and heat through until the sugar has dissolved and the blueberries are just starting to leak their purple colour. This should only take a minute or two. Turn off the heat.
- Take your toasted bagel and slice each piece in half, then spread the two bottom halves with the mascarpone. Dot the lemon curd on top of the mascarpone, then drizzle the blueberries on top. Place the top halves of the bagels on top and enjoy! Also make sure you have plenty of napkins, as this is a happily messy breakfast 🙂