Spiced Rum Float with Lemon Sorbet - a wickedly good drink for the weekend!
A super-quick but super yummy post for you today. This is my rum sorbet float!
Things have been a bit crazy around here recently. I told myself I could still get three posts a week out to my lovely readers over summer, but frankly that idea was completely insane.
Let me see...
- School holidays involving lots of short trips, longer trips and visits to family and attractions
- Starting building work on our extension at home
- Chris and Gracey's birthdays
- Deadlines for my regular freelance work
- A looming live cook-off that almost makes me want to faint every time I think about it (more about that coming soon - probably from hospital after I've tripped up on stage and landed face-first in a pan of hot custard)
My head was close to exploding!
So I decided to make up a new cocktail.
Spiced Kraken rum poured over a glass of lime juice and lemonade, then topped off with a good scoop of lemon sorbet.
Here's what it looks like before the sorbet bit. I love that layering (unfortunately it does need mixing before you drink it, otherwise you're just going to be drinking straight rum at the end!).
The sorbet adds a gorgeous creamy-citrus kick to the whole thing, which is too good on a hot summers day.
Let's face it, not many hot days left, so I may have to continue buying sorbet into Autumn!
The cocktail went down so well, I couldn't resist taking a few photos - which meant making more cocktails. Oops.
A couple more weeks to go until the kids are back at school and I can try to get back into a routine again with work. It's going to be pretty strange pretending not to get engrossed in episodes of iCarly and Sam&Cat when I'm supposed to be cooking and writing!
Spiced Rum Float Recipe:
Spiced Rum Float
- 240 ml (8oz) lemonade
- Juice of one lime
- 120 ml (4oz) spiced rum - I like 'The Kraken' Spiced rum
- 4 scoops lemon sorbet
- Lime slices
- Orange slices
- Divide the lemonade and lime juice between two 12oz mason jars.
- Very carefully and slowly pour the spiced rum on top - so it stays in a separate layer (pouring it over the back of a spoon that's just touching the surface of the lemonade really helps with this).
- Add two scoops of sorbet to each glass. Beware it may foam up a little at this point.
- Add a straw and slices of lime and orange to the top of the glass before serving!