The Hawaiian Chicken Salad with Coriander-Lime Vinaigrette is marinated chicken served with piles of fresh veg, grilled pineapple and a deliciously zingy vinaigrette! Super delicious summery chicken salad.
What a salad!
Substantial enough for dinner, this Hawaiian Chicken Salad is filling and soooo delicious!
I can't get enough of grilled fruit, and I think pineapple might just be one of my favourites. I did this one on the griddle pan in the kitchen, but I fully intend to be grilling all manner of fruits on the barbecue this summer.
We had our first BBQ of the season on Sunday, and the weather was absolutely blazing hot!
The kids were in the paddling pool, Chris was cooking up treats all day and I even enjoyed doing a bit of gardening. Right up until Chris threw me in the paddling pool that is.
He cooked the most amazing shoulder of lamb on the BBQ that I let him off though.
He also grilled some brown-sugar-coated lime wedges to go with a our ginger beer cocktails.
Definitely an all round success!!
I can't wait to get the chicken and pineapple for this salad on the BBQ. Fingers crossed for another glorious day this weekend!
My recipe for Hawaiian Chicken Salad with Coriander-Lime Vinaigrette first appeared in Superfood Magazine.
The The Hawaiian Chicken Salad with Coriander-Lime Vinaigrette Recipe:
Hawaiian Chicken Salad with Coriander-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ a small pineapple - peeled and cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 80 g 2 cups mixed baby salad leaves
- ½ red pepper - deseeded and sliced
- ½ yellow pepper - deseeded and sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes - chopped into quarters
- 1 avocado - de-stoned and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free_
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger - peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove - peeled and minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ garlic clove - minced
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Small bunch of coriander/cilantro - finely chopped
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and place half of the marinade in a bowl with the chicken breasts (reserve the rest). Stir and cover, then place in the fridge to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat a griddle plate or pan and brush with oil. Place the chicken on the griddle (discarding this marinade). Spoon half of the reserved marinade onto the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes, then turn over and spoon on the rest of the marinade. Cook for a further 5-6 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove from the heat and leave to rest on a chopping board.
- Place the pineapple slices on the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until griddle marks appear.
- Whilst the pineapple is cooking, mix together all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl using a fork.
- Divide the salad leaves between two plates and top with the sliced peppers, chopped tomatoes and avocado. Place the griddled pineapple on the plates. Slice the chicken, and place on top of the salad. Serve with the coriander-lime vinaigrette.
Tools used (fyi these are affiliate links for Amazon – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps me to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running x)
|Cast Iron Griddle|