Breakfast Pizza - A Weekend Breakfast Treat!
Not just any old pizza – this weekend breakfast pizza comes with the full-English works! Bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and dippy eggs! A fab breakfast treat! Check out my tips for getting a runny egg yolk to dip those pizza crusts into!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 4 strips streaky bacon
- 400 g ready-made pizza dough
- 1 tbsp plain all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp dried semolina
- 120 ml passata or pizza sauce
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated/shredded
- 100 g mozzarella cheese grated/shredded
- 3 large eggs use 4 if you want one egg per person
- 4 cherry/grape tomatoes sliced
- 2 baby portabella mushrooms sliced
- 4 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- good pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 210C/450F. Once preheated, place the bacon on the pizza tray and cook for 5-8 minutes, until cooked, but not quite crisp. Remove from the oven and slice. Put to one side.
Whilst the bacon is in the oven, roll out the pizza dough, dusting with the flour, so it doesn't stick to your work surface,. It needs to be around 1 inch smaller than the pizza tray. You can buy ready-rolled pizza dough. Sometimes this is rectangular shaped. If it is, you can squash it back into a ball and re-roll to a round shape.
Dust the edges of the pizza dough with the semolina.
Transfer the pizza to the now-empty, but still warm pizza tray.
Spoon on the passata and use a spoon to spread all over the pizza base. Leave a thin border of the dough showing.
Sprinkle on both of the cheeses, and make 3 wells in the cheese for the eggs*. Crack an egg into a small bowl and discard half of the egg white. Carefully pour the egg into one of the wells and repeat with the other two eggs.
Scatter the tomatoes and mushrooms over the pizza, then brush the mushrooms with the melted butter.
Arrange the cooked bacon on top of the pizza and sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
Place in the oven to cook for 9-12 minutes, until the crust is browned, the cheese has melted and the egg white is cooked.
* It can be difficult to ensure the egg yolk stays runny whilst the pizza is cooking. If you want to ensure this, cook the pizza with all of the other toppings first for the first 5-6 minutes, then add the eggs for the last 5 minutes.
Nutritional Information is per serving.
Calories: 605kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 1222mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1085IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 333mg | Iron: 4.9mg