Oaty Mocha Hot Smoothie
Comforting, tasty and packed full of nutrients, this HOT smoothie is perfect for those colder months.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 15 g (0.5oz - about 4 small chunks) dark chocolate, chopped (check the brand for gluten free if required)
- 240 ml (1 cup milk) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz shot of espresso or 1 tsp instant coffee granules mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp rolled oats check the brand for gluten free if required
- ½ a ripe medium sized banana
- 8 hazelnuts
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder optional
- 2 tbsp cold water
Add the dark chocolate to a jug, pour in the milk and the espresso. Microwave until the mixture is warm and the chocolate has melted (you can do this in a pan if you prefer).
Place the oats, banana, hazelnuts, chia seeds, maca powder, the water and approx. a fifth of the milk mixture to your smoothie maker or blender. Add in an extra splash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm (see warning above about hot liquids and smoothie makers).
Blend on high for a minute until the oats and chia seeds have been completely incorporated.
Whilst it's blending, further heat the rest of the milk mixture until hot, but not boiling.
Pour the blended oat mix into your cup, stir in the milk/chocolate mix and serve.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 357mg | Iron: 3.7mg