Easy Creamy Potato Salad
Easy Creamy Potato Salad - My dad’s recipe that I’ve been eating (and making) for over 30 years!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 5 medium-sized potatoes I like red-skinned potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- ½ small brown onion peeled and chopped very finely
- 6 tbsp full-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp full-fat salad cream**
- ¼ tsp white pepper this is a must – it can’t be replaced with black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives optional
- Pinch of black pepper optional
Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 7-9 minutes until tender.
Drain the potatoes and leave to cool.
Place the cooled potatoes in a bowl with the onion, mayonnaise, salad cream, half of the white pepper and the salt. Stir everything together to combine. Taste and add a little more seasoning if needed.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (up to a day) before serving. Just before serving sprinkle with chopped chives and a little black pepper if you like.
** Salad cream is creamy and tangy salad condiment, primarily sold in the UK. You may be able to find it on the international aisle of larger grocery stores in the US.
Here's an affiliate link if you wanted to buy it online.
Nutritional Information is per serving.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 15.9mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 4.3mg