Cranberry Brie bites – a simple appetizer or party snack. These Cranberry and Brie Bites always gets polished off in minutes! Super easy to make, Five ingredients in the oven and ready in 21 minutes! – that’s my kind of recipe.
When it comes to Christmas, I find I’m always on the lookout for easy snack recipes and party foods.
This one started off as a single layer of pastry with brie on top – tasty but a little boring. The addition of the cranberry sauce and thyme not only makes it look more christmassy, but also really oomphs up the flavour.
I decided to go for two layers of pastry too – to give it a little extra height (and besides, there’s always room for more pastry right?)
So simple to make, but they’re always the first to disappear from the buffet table.
Keep these ingredients on standby and you’ll be sure to impress those unexpected guests.
If you like these, check out some of my other favourite party foods:
In order to make these cranberry brie bites recipe you will need:
- A good Kitchen knife
- Chopping Board.
- A Baking Tray
- A mini Spatula
- Egg Wash brush
- Something to serve on.
The Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe:
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 14 oz (400g) ready rolled Puff Pastry
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 5.3 oz (150g) Brie
- 6 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- Fresh thyme leaves to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f and line a baking tray with baking parchment or a silicone liner.
- Unroll the pastry and brush with egg wash, then cut the pastry into approx 40 small rectangles. Place one rectangle on top of another and repeat with the rest of the pastry, so you have 20 or so ‘doubled up’ rectangles of pastry. Place on the prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes. Then take out of the oven.
- Slice the Brie into small slices and place on top of the pastry puffs. Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the brie.
- Place the puffs on a plate and top each one with a small blob of cranberry sauce and a few fresh thyme leaves, then serve.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. For more information please see our Terms & Conditions.