Christmas Day Punch – A lovely fruity punch for the grown-ups. A great way to keep your guest’s drinks topped up!
Created in collaboration with Neff Bake It Yourself.
Eeek! I still haven’t bought all of my pressies! Nearly there, only a couple of small gifts to go, but I guess I’m going to have to face the crowds later today.
Maybe everyone in Congleton will be more organised than me, and they’ll have their shopping done, so I’ll have the shops to myself….
Judging by my quick trip to the supermarket yesterday though – where I had to queue to park in the massive car park, and then queue to leave – I’m not holding out much hope!
I can’t wait to spend some time with family over the next few days.
I have a few recipes scheduled to go out – including a great way to use up the leftover turkey on Boxing day, and a nice New Year’s eve tipple that you can serve alongside this festive drink.
Other than that, I intend to be watching old Christmas movies with Chris and the kids, stealing chocolate off mum & dad’s Christmas tree, and cuddling my new baby niece (born on Monday – she’s the cutest, tiny little thing).
I’ve got my new Neff American fridge freezer plumbed in now, which is big enough to store my rather large punch bowl, so I’ll be making this drink ahead, ready for when we have guests visiting during Christmas.
I really hope you guys get the chance to relax and enjoy the holidays too. A glass of this punch in one hand, a sausage roll in the other, and a small child shooting nerf gun darts at you repeatedly (hey they’ve got to have fun too!). It’s what Christmas is all about.
Happy holidays xxx
In order to make this amazing Christmas Punch you will need:
- A good Kitchen knife. For Slicing the Fruit.
- Chopping Board.
- Measuring Jug
- A Citrus Press
- Punch Bowl. Sorry I couldn’t find the one I use in my post as it’s no longer available – however, I think this one is nice.
- 2 litres (1¾ quarts) cranberry juice
- 700ml (approx. 3 cups) pomegranate juice - I used Pom juice for a stronger flavour
- 500ml (approx. 2 cups) clementine juice (use orange juice if you can’t find clementine juice)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 limes, sliced
- 3 clementines, sliced
- 100g (1 cup) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 bottle of prosecco
- 300ml (1¼ cups) vodka
- Small bunch of mint leaves
- Pour the cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, clementine juice and juice of 2 limes into a large punch bowl and stir. Add the lime slices, clementine slices, cranberries and pomegranate seeds. If you’re making the punch ahead, you can cover and place the punch in the fridge at this point for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, add ice to the punch, then pour in the prosecco and vodka. Stir and sprinkle on fresh mint leaves.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). If you do buy, then thank you! That’s what helps me to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running.