Well I couldn’t complete a Sweet Toasties series without Nutella could I? That’d be just plain wrong!
I thought I’d go with a bumper breakfast for the last day, so I piled it up high! A gooey mountain of chocolate deliciousness that will probably keep you going until teatime.
A simple and quick mix of egg and milk for your French toast, then lashings of Nutella and strawberries. All finished off with a sprinkling of icing sugar. Your partner’s/kid’s/anyone-else-I’ve-missed eyes will light up when you serve this extravagant breakfast. Trust me, you could probably ask them to hoover up or empty the dishwasher just as you serve this up and you’ll get a lovely glazed ‘uh huh’ 🙂
Strawberry Nutella French Toast (serves a hungry 1):
- 3 thick slices of white bread
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp milk (any will do)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- 6 or 7 ripe strawberries, chopped
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Start with your French toast. Cut your bread into halves on the diagonal, so you’re left with 6 triangles. Then in a fairly wide bowl, mix the egg and milk. Set aside. Put a large frying pan on to heat up and add the butter to the pan. Heat until melted and just starting to foam, then swirl the butter around the pan. Now dip each of your bread triangles in the egg mixture (both sides) and place in the pan to cook. Cook the triangles on a medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side – until golden brown.
- When your French toast is cooked, take out of the pan, and spread three of the triangles with Nutella. Top the Nutella with the chopped strawberries and place the remaining toast triangles on top. Place your toasties on a plate, sieve the icing sugar over the top and serve!