This Fish Taco Bowl with Zingy Yoghurt Dressing makes a fantastic energising dinner.
I love how this bowl looks like a rainbow of colours.
Lots of fresh, bright ingredients like cherry tomatoes, avocado and crunchy red cabbage, mixed together with smoky charred sweetcorn, tender pan-fried fish and roasted red peppers.
Of course you couldn’t call it a taco bowl without the addition of some mixed beans and rice – which makes it filling enough for dinner.
The dressing totally finishes it off – Greek yogurt with coriander, garlic, lime and honey makes for a creamy-yet-zingy sauce that tastes awesome poured on everything!
You can serve the cooked ingredients warm or cold. Personally, I’d go for warm at this time of year, but then again, I’m a total wimp when it comes to cold temperatures (hence my love of warm smoothies!).
Give me old-peoples-home warm any time over a room with a bit of a chill to it brrrrrrr!
I first made this taco bowl for Superfood magazine.
- 100g (1/2 cup) uncooked brown basmati and wild rice
- 1 corn on the cob
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless and boneless cod or haddock fillets
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 80g (approx 2 cups) baby salad leaves
- 200g (1/2 of a 14oz tin) mixed beans (these can be from a tin, washed and drained)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- ⅛ of a red cabbage, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Lime wedges to serve
- Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- 5 tbsp of 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Half a clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp water
- Mix all of the Greek yogurt dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Cook the basmati and wild rice as per the pack instructions, fluff in the pan with a fork, then leave to cool with the lid off for 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the corn on the cob in a plan of boiling water and boil for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain, brush with ½ tbsp of the olive oil, then place under a hot grill for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally until slightly charred. Leave to cool, then slice off the corn kernels.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Season the fish with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the pan, and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until golden on the outside and cooked on the inside. Use a fork to roughly break into chunks. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the rice between two bowls, top with the baby salad leaves, cooked fish, corn kernels, mixed beans, avocado, red cabbage, red onion, roasted pepper slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle on the dressing and top with lime wedges before serving.